ReadySeal Surface Primer is a specially formulated low viscosity fast drying primer engineered to facilitate overlap joints on partially cured ReadySeal Liquid Applied Waterproofing Membrane. It is also used for full priming of cured ReadySeal prior to repairing any damage or applying a surface finish.
Only required if the existing ReadySeal has been installed and allowed to cure for more than 9 hours, and needs to be overcoated.
For a comprehensive NBS J31 specification contact Radmat Building Products.
BBA Certification No. 20/5797
For Overlap preparation
• Use outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
• Ensure the surface of the ReadySeal is clean, dry and free from residues, dust, grease, dirt, moss etc.
• Wipe an area a minimum of 100mm wide with ReadySeal Pre-Wipe in accordance with the instructions provided. Allow to evaporate.
• Apply an even coat of ReadySeal Surface Primer using a brush or roller apply at a rate of 12.5g per linear metre, covering a 100 mm wide strip measured from the edge of the existing ReadySeal Liquid Applied Waterproofing Membrane.
• Allow to dry for a few minutes until the surface is tacky.
• Once tacky immediately apply the next layer of ReadySeal, covering the entire width of the primed area, and continue installing the ReadySeal in accordance with the specification.
• Overcoating with ReadySeal must take place within 30 minutes to stop dust pick up on tacky surface.
• Do not prime an area greater than can be covered within 30 minutes.
• Follow the instruction as above, using a coverage rate of 1000g per 8 m2.
• Do not apply if rain is expected within 6 hours.
• Do not apply during rain or frost and when surface air temperature is <5ºc.
• The surface must be clean and dry to touch.
Up to 14m² per litre depending method of application.
|Theoretical coverage||14m² per litre depending method of application.|
|Overcoating time||Typically 4 hours at 20°C.|
|Pot Life unopened, sealed||12 months|
|Application Temperatures||Minimum 5ºC Maximum 30ºC|