Insta StikTM roofing adhesive for professionals has been developed for the attachment of insulation boards to a variety of substrates on flat roofs. Insta Stik is offered as a portable, disposable pressurised container requiring no external power source. It is a cold applied system that is, quick, easy to use and provides fast adhesion within 20–45 minutes.
For a comprehensive NBS J31 specification contact Radmat Building Products.
Insta Stik is applied in beads to the underlying substrate prior to placing the insulation boards. Walking of the boards is required thereafter until the adhesive has “cured” (20- 45 minutes) to ensure good adhesion and level joints.
Coverage of Insta Stik is approximately 100m2 per tank based on a 19-25mm wide bead placed at 300mm centres. Insta Stik bead sizes and centres are determined by several factors including substrate type, board type height of roof and pressures exerted by wind force.
Insta Stik roofing adhesive is compatible with the following insulation boards:
• Glass tissue faced boards
• Bituminous felt faced boards
• Stonewool insulation
• Extruded polystyrene boards
• Cellular glass insulation boards
• Cork Insulation boards
• Wood fibre boards
• Others by individual testing
• Existing Bituminous felt
• Sanded finish felt VCL’s
• Elotene DSN 600 and other approved foil faced VCL’s
• Approved acoustic membranes
• Galvanised steel (minimum 22 gauge)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Fast clean and easy to apply
• Provides fast and good adhesion to a variety of surfaces
• Can be used with very short preparation time-no heating required
• No primer needed
• Safe in use-no fire risk
• Clean in use-no fumes, no dust
• No damage to substrate or vapour barrier by mechanical fixings
• No thermal bridging
• No visible fasteners on the underside of the substrate
• High yield: Insta Stik canister adheres up to 100m2
• Insta Stik might be used on vertical substrates (e.g. upstands)
• Controlled application and visual quality control
• Over 25 years of proven performance
Please see data sheet for disposal recommendations.
|Drying time||20-45 mins|